Statistics show that we are trending towards more and more construction projects in the years to come. However, there’s an ongoing decrease in skilled workers in the profession. This means that mechanical construction software is going to be more important than ever in terms of bridging the efficiency gap. There are a few reasons why some mechanical contractors are holding onto their legacy software, from reluctance to learn something new to the attachment to their old systems. However, the growing pains of onboarding are far outweighed by the benefits of making use of mechanical contractor project management software. Here are some key reasons why.
Table of Contents
View and Update Plans and Models
Plans and models can constantly shift for a construction project, whether it’s due to client specifications or outside forces. Mechanical contractor project management software is essential to make this process as smoothly as possible. Without it, you’re forced to relay changes through email and paper exchanges. In time, as buildings get more complex, this won’t just be inefficient, but outright impossible. The ideal alternative is using mechanical contractor software for viewing and updating the plans or BIM (building information modeling). By storing plans and BIM models in the cloud, these are easily shared among contractors, subcontractors, foremen, and field workers. When there are questions or updates that need to be rolled out, they can be quickly made and sent out to all necessary parties, saving you time and resources.
Track and Update Labor
Let’s say that you’re prepping for a project, and are making sure that you have enough staff available to handle the job. This generally starts with looking at organizational charts, past and present. Legacy systems would do this all with paper, but it’s easy to see how that could go wrong. A single missing or damaged record could hurt your ability to properly put together a labor plan for your next job. Mechanical construction software eliminates this issue, making it quicker and easier to assign labor, or determine if you need additional support.
Track and Update Materials
The same thing applies to materials. However, when we talk about materials and equipment, there’s the added wrinkle of making sure everything is exactly where it should be. Loss and theft are common issues on construction sites and can cost your company thousands of dollars. Mechanical construction software comes with tools that make it easier for you to determine exactly where your equipment/materials are, and who’s using them. As an added benefit, you also have electronic storage and reminders to help you put together. equipment maintenance schedules. Never miss a planned repair or upkeep check.
Budget and Financial Tracking
One of the most important parts of contract work is the budget. While you can initially prepare one based on your proposal and the parameters of the job, there’s no guarantee that things will go to plan. In addition, you have the difficulty of trying to create bids for jobs that are competitive in the market, but still, let you make a profit overall. This can be best managed by mechanical construction software that helps you keep track of that. Manage your change orders, purchase orders, equipment rentals, as well as timesheets all through one source. Accessing historical and current information makes it easier for you to make smart decisions.
Improved Customer Communication
The benefits of mechanical construction software for internal communications are easy to understand. What many may not realize is that this helps communication for customers as well. You can easily import client info and correspondence from your legacy software to have a record of your history. This makes it easier to navigate that history to track issues and concerns. The better customer service you supply, the more loyalty you’ll be able to garner from them.
Cloud-Based Software Offers Security and Cost Savings
For many companies, upgrading software is a concern due to the weight on their existing systems. However, cloud-based software is more affordable and reliable. When the software is cloud-based, it ensures everything is stored in a secure cloud and can be accessed anywhere. As a result, you have less of a processing load on your computers and equipment, while making it easier for everyone to access the necessary documents. This measure also makes certain that your documents are safe. If it’s in the cloud, then it’s encrypted, secured, and isn’t stored on a single device. You also do not have to pay for servers and IT maintenance.
Mechanical contractor software helps you with real-time tracking of employees, equipment, materials, and more. You’ll have access to daily field notes and reports that help update the status of a project. Cloud storage and access ensures that you’re able to quickly reference things by the day and make sure equipment and man-hours are being used efficiently across different projects. This allows companies to build a data-based method for increasing profit and productivity. Big data is transforming the construction world, so you want to get on board now.
Mechanical Contractor Project Management Software is Tailored to You
Why use mechanical contractor software in 2020? You ultimately get something catered to your needs, versus other GC-designed software. There are a variety of options out there on the market. But with these choices on hand for you to use, what exactly is the best fit for your mechanical contractor software needs? Ideally, you want something that allows you to reap all these benefits, and lets you purchase in a modular manner. This way, you can only focus on the elements that your company needs, rather than needing to buy a bloated suite just to take advantage of one feature.
If you find yourself in this situation, utilizing project management software like eSUB is the perfect fit for your needs. We have a variety of different functions that can benefit a mechanical contractor in 2002 and beyond. These range from financial tools to manage your assets/improve your bids to features to help you better track your equipment and workers. Buy a modular package that will help your mechanical contracting business compete right away.
How eSUB Can Help
eSUB is a cloud-based project management platform built especially for mechanical contractors. eSUB organizes all of your project information in one place, allows for smooth collaboration, and streamlines communication through its intuitive interface. It also works on your mobile, so you can track projects on the go—no matter where or when—and stay up-to-date.
FAQs – 8 Best Reasons to Use Mechanical Contractor Project Management Software
1. Why is mechanical contractor project management software important for construction projects? Mechanical contractor project management software is crucial for improving efficiency and bridging the gap caused by the decreasing number of skilled workers in the construction industry. It streamlines various aspects of construction projects and enhances productivity.
2. How does mechanical contractor software facilitate the viewing and updating of plans and models? Mechanical contractor project management software allows for the smooth viewing and updating of construction plans and models, which can change due to client specifications or external factors. It eliminates the need for email and paper exchanges by storing plans and BIM models in the cloud, enabling quick sharing and updates among project stakeholders.
3. How does mechanical construction software simplify labor tracking? Mechanical construction software simplifies labor tracking by providing electronic records and organizational charts. It speeds up the process of assigning labor and ensures accurate labor planning. Unlike legacy systems relying on paper records, it reduces the risk of missing or damaged data.
4. What benefits does mechanical construction software offer for materials and equipment tracking? Mechanical construction software includes tools for efficient tracking of materials and equipment. It helps determine the exact location of equipment and materials and tracks their usage. Additionally, it provides electronic storage and reminders for equipment maintenance schedules, minimizing the risk of loss or theft.
5. How does mechanical contractor software assist in budgeting and financial tracking? Mechanical contractor project management software helps manage project budgets by tracking change orders, purchase orders, equipment rentals, and timesheets in a centralized platform. It provides access to historical and current financial information, enabling informed decision-making and competitive bidding.
6. How does mechanical construction software improve customer communication? Mechanical construction software enhances customer communication by allowing the import of client information and correspondence from legacy software. This creates a record of client history, making it easier to address issues and concerns, ultimately leading to improved customer service and increased loyalty.
7. What are the advantages of using cloud-based mechanical contractor software? Cloud-based software offers cost savings and enhanced security. It reduces the processing load on local systems, provides accessibility from anywhere, and ensures secure storage in the cloud with encryption. It eliminates the need for expensive servers and IT maintenance.
8. How does mechanical contractor software help with productivity management? Mechanical contractor software enables real-time tracking of employees, equipment, materials, and project progress. It provides daily field notes and reports for project updates. Cloud storage and access allow for quick reference by date, ensuring efficient resource allocation and data-based methods for increasing profit and productivity.
9. Why should mechanical contractors consider using specialized software like eSUB? Specialized software like eSUB offers modular packages tailored to the specific needs of mechanical contractors. It allows businesses to select the features that suit their requirements, avoiding the need to purchase a bloated suite. eSUB provides various functions, including financial tools and equipment tracking, to help mechanical contractors compete effectively.