First and foremost, I hope you, your family, friends, and colleagues are all safe and healthy during this tumultuous time. Beyond that, history proves that our ability to preemptively ACT versus REACT to uncertainty and crisis, is directly correlated to our success coming out the other side.
When governments mandated the move to community containment and lockdowns, many companies, especially trade contractors, were not prepared. At eSUB, it’s been our experience that while the operations teams have utilized our platform to manage projects and collaborate with the field remotely, the rest of the organization did not have the IT infrastructure to support a fully remote model.
Drawing on our years of assisting skilled trades to optimize team performance and profits, we’ve developed this COVID-19 Toolkit as an out- of- the- box resource for you to manage your teams through the COVID-19 process, and transition more successfully to remote work options. This is the same process we deployed internally at eSUB and we welcome you to tweak and share with your teams. Consider it the Cliffs Notes of Corona.
Professional Development and Training:
Managing projects is very dynamic, and traditionally the day-to-day of your teams are very busy. With your office transitioning to remote work and jobsites moving at a slower pace to maintain social distancing protocols, this period may be useful to invest in professional development of your team. This week, we are hosting a virtual eSUB Academy. For new users or refresher training, you will walk away with helpful tips and several “a-ha” moments to take your eSUB use to the next level. These 1-hour sessions will be recorded so that your team can watch them on-demand.
- ON-DEMAND RECORDING: Collaborative Software to Keep You Productive from Home
- ON-DEMAND RECORDING: How Contractors Can Survive Coronavirus: Get Paid, Not Burned
- ON-DEMAND RECORDING: eSUB Academy: Getting Started: eSUB Fundamentals
- Wednesday at 9 AM PT: eSUB Academy Connecting the Office and the Field
- Thursday at 9 AM PT: eSUB Academy: Increasing Labor Efficiency and Controlling Costs
- Friday at 9 AM PT: eSUB Academy: Documentation Best Practices and Managing Your Files
We are members of many trade associations, and they have compiled thorough resources to benefit their members. They list the latest updates on how your trade is being affected, how they are advocating on your behalf, access to community forums, and additional professional development resources.
- Mechanical Contractors Association of America – Contingency Plan Webinar Series
- National Electrical Contractors Association – Coronavirus Resource Center
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National Association – COVID-19 Resource Center and Communities
A New Way of Working
As COVID-19 passes, remote work will be the new normal. FlexJobs found that 76% of workers would be more willing to stay with their current employer if remote work were an option. While a majority of construction includes work in the field, the industry is moving towards pre-fabrication where more work can be done away from the jobsite. A new way of working and a new of building lies ahead of us.
For now, it’s about staying positive, active, and as productive as possible as we get through this together.
- LinkedIn Learning: Resources to Working Remotely
- Self Care and Mental Health: Top 25 Meditation Resources
- Family Management: Activities for Kids to Do While Working from Home
Staying safe, healthy, and productive,