Top 5 Ways Software Will Improve Your Construction Project File Organization
Good document management is crucial to the success of a construction project. Without it, a project will crumble to pieces. Unfortunately, documents and files are becoming increasingly more difficult to manage. On any given construction project, there are dozens of subcontractors and hundreds of people involved.
There are usually, multiple locations where these individuals work, making the transfer of documents a messy process. With technology at our fingertips, people expect instant access to any file they want at any time. While this doesn’t seem like it should be a problem, outdated file management makes it one. Fortunately, cloud-based software is the answer we’ve all been looking for.
So, how exactly will software improve your construction file organization? Keep reading, and you’ll find out.
1. Accurate and centralized access – Cloud-based software gives project-wide access to all relevant files. Everything is in one centralized space, so you don’t have to worry about tracking down a document or wonder if you have the most current version. This not only makes life easier for your whole team but reduces the likelihood of errors as well. Often communication across multiple locations can cause confusion. An outdated file could be sent to someone leading to delays and wasted time. With a software system in place, you can rest easy knowing your team is all on the same page.
2. Faster and easier to track – As I mentioned above, miscommunication is a huge factor in project delays. Software not only eliminates wasted time from outdated files floating around but quickens the overall process of edits as well. Software systems allow you to make edits in real-time and notifies all relevant parties of these changes. In fact, most software systems save up to 50% on document processing times. You can bet that adds up. There are also time stamps which makes your files much easier to keep track of.
3. Systematic document numbering – Without software, you’re tasked with manually numbering each document. With it, documents are numbered automatically. This also prevents duplicate document numbers from popping up. We’re humans, and we’re bound to make an error accidentally. It’s only a matter of time before someone numbers a document wrong. Software takes that risk away so you can relax knowing that it’s being taken care of.
4. No chance of a document being lost – Once a file is uploaded, there is no chance of it being misplaced. With manual filing, documents get misplaced all the time! Cloud-based software systems have specific processes that prevent any file from being accidentally deleted.
5. Simplified and standardized – Software allows you to manage your files more efficiently with consistent format across all digital versions. This makes managing vendors, bidding, and contracts that much easier.
Software is the future of construction project file management, and the future is here. Making the investment will improve the ease of your day-to-day work and drastically improve your organization. So, what are you waiting for?